- Kevin Arnovitz has a quick guide to the Vegas Summer League which begins today and can be seen on ESPN3 (4pm EDT), NBA TV (4pm EDT), or Summer League Broadband ($).
- Larry Drew's coaching staff is in place. If things don't work for the Hawks this year, Mike Woodson is going to look a lot better to a lot of people.
- Joe Johnson's contract: $123.7 million.
- Dan Gilbert puts bad ownership (and the scourge of unnecessary capitalization) in perspective. The folks burning their LeBron jerseys seem composed in comparison to Mr. Gilbert.
- Rough estimates (extremely rough estimates) for the 2010-11 Heat. John Hollinger said 61 wins, though he's published an updated, 56-win prediction this morning (presumably that latter prediction would rise were Mario Chalmers and/or Mike Miller are included in place of random replacement-level players). Neil Paine says 61 wins in "the absolute worst case." Haralobos Voulgaris says 64 wins. Kevin Pelton addresses the various inherent difficulties in projecting what happens when three extremely high-usage players join forces and (sensibly?) doesn't give a number but suggests 72 or 73 wins would be "very optimistic." Being in the same division as Miami and Orlando may lock the Hawks into a 5 through 8 in the playoffs. Dave Berri (I think) says 55 wins but I presume that projection could be raised by 8 or 10 wins were the Heat to sign Reggie Evans.
- Mark your calendars for Decision 11' (sic).
- An example of how cap room can help outside of signing free agents.
Friday, July 09, 2010
Links For the Day
My summer league roster analysis probably won't be finished today. Tiding you over...