*Including the sub-problem that there may not be a sufficient in-town basketball market to offset the logistical problems created for people who have to drive any distance for weeknight games.
Presumably, the Hawks could address the former on their own and make 7:30 the default starting time* for games not broadcast on national TV. The latter is obviously something that's never going to be anything other than personal decision.
*What, are Fox Sports South and SportSouth going to revolt and function as a more half-assed broadcast partner?
My new questions:
- What could the Hawks do to improve attendance?
- Do you think they do a good job marketing the team?
- Could they realistically do anything to raise the team's profile within the local sports media (such as it is)?
- What, if anything, can Hawks fans do to change the culture and make a Hawks game a hot ticket?
- Do Hawks fans really want to make games a hot ticket and thus reduce, if not eliminate, the below face value tickets they may have enjoyed purchasing for years?