RADIO: Hawks Radio Network, Audio League Pass
GAME NOTES: Hawks/Pacers
ATLANTA INJURY REPORT: None.
INDIANA INJURY REPORT: Mike Dunleavy, Travis Diener, and Tyler Hansbrough are out. Jeff Foster is questionable. Danny Granger is
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY: Atlanta -8, 204 o/u
OTHER PERSPECTIVES: Eight Points Nine Seconds, Indy Cornrows
- Matt Moore previews the Hawks through the Lion Face/Lemon Face prism at Hardwood Paroxysm.
- Kevin Pelton and Bradford Doolittle (who penned the excellent Hawks chapter of the book) of Basketball Prospectus posted their final projections and predictions.
- Neil Paine's Eastern Conference Preview on the Basketball-Reference.com Blog includes projected per 36 minute stats for every player.
- Hawks? Check. Lang Whitaker? Check. NPR? Sure, why not.
- The Human Highlight Blog ably previewed the Hawks in three parts. (1, 2, 3)
- Here's a direct link to the Eight Points, Nine Seconds Pacers Preview.
- The Pacers may not have heard of offensive or defensive efficiency. There's no disputing they weren't good defensively last year, finishing 19th in the league. That "free-flowing, high-octane offense the past two seasons" finished 18th in the league in offensive efficiency last year and 19th in 2008. The Pacers have averaged the third-most possessions per game each of the last two seasons, hence the understandable confusion. Less understandable: acquiring Solomon Jones and Tyler Hansbrough in the hopes they'll improve your team defense.
- Bob Kravitz has heard of defensive efficiency.