- The Hawks will open the season at home against Solomon Jones and the Indiana Pacers on the season's second night, Wednesday, October 28th. Josh Smith's missed jump shots are a slight betting favorite in a match up against Brandon Rush's missed runners/layups.
- The season's first weekend will feature the start of Atlanta's first west coast trip. From November 1-4 the Hawks will be at @Lakers, @Portland, @Sacramento.
- The Hawks will play two back-to-backs (@Portland/@Sacramento and @Charlotte/Denver) during the season's first full week.
- The season's tenth game (and the Hawks' seventh road game) will be in Boston and on ESPN on Friday, November 13th.
- On November 26th the Hawks host the Orlando Magic on the front end of TNT's Thanksgiving night doubleheader.
- Boston's first trip to Atlanta on January 8th will also be an ESPN game.
- ESPN will broadcast three Hawks games in February: Friday the 5th vs. Chicago, Sunday the 21st @Golden State, and Friday the 26th vs. Dallas.
- The final national network TV appearance comes on April 2nd, again on ESPN, @Cleveland.
- The Hawks are scheduled to be on NBA TV six times: November 7th vs. Denver, January 1st vs. New York, January 4th @Miami, January 11th @Boston, January 30th @Orlando, and April 3rd vs. Detroit.
- Despite playing five of eight April games on the road, the Hawks could catch a break at the end of the season should they need to make a push for a better playoff seed. Games 76-81 are Detroit, @Charlotte, @Detroit, Toronto, @Washington, and @Milwaukee (none of whom appear certain playoff teams at this writing) and Game #82 is at home against Cleveland who could view that game as an opportunity to rest players before the playoffs begin.
- Home/Road breakdown by month: October (2/0), November (6/9), December (7/7), January (9/6), February (6/7), March (8/7), April (3/5)
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
2009-10 Schedule Released